A newly formed regional advocacy council for Australia and New Zealand is aiming to champion ethical behaviour and leadership in investment markets as well as set benchmarks to improve market integrity.
The council is being run by Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) societies in both countries and will also set out to "establish credentials for professional excellence in financial services."
The council is supported by a pool of subject matter experts, who are drawn from the regional societies' resources to form council project groups that will investigate matters of competency and compliance. It is also supported by and has access to the extensive resources of the CFA Institute globally.
Acting council chair and president CFA Society Sydney, Anthony Serhan, said through the advocacy council "we will use our collective knowledge and experience to identify industry issues that impact investors and to support government, regulators and industry in creating a world-class financial system in Australia."
In establishing the council, Serhan said CFA Societies Australia and CFA Society New Zealand wanted to find members who had the depth and breadth of insights from across the financial services industry to lend their expertise to achieving this task.
Advocacy Council members:
- Paula Allen - consultant and partner, Social Ventures Australia
- Graeme Bibby - chief investment officer, AIA Australia
- Mark Delaney - deputy chief executive and chief investments officer, AustralianSuper
- Gerhard Hambusch - senior lecturer, UTS Business School - University Technology Sydney
- Catherine Savage - managing director, Savage Group Limited and Independent Director
- Maria Wilton - managing director, Franklin Templeton Investments
- Claire Mortoni - director CFA Society Perth, and manager business projects, Wesfarmers
- Anthony Serhan - acting Council chair, president CFA Society Sydney, and managing director Morningstar Australia
- Dean Spicer - director CFA Society New Zealand, and head of capital markets - global markets, ANZ
- Thomas Tam - director CFA Society Melbourne and manager equities, UniSuper Management.
Get stories like this delivered to your email - Sign up for the free newsletter
Read more about...
, CFA Society New Zealand
, CFA Society Sydney
, Wesfarmers Anthony Serhan
, CFA Societies Australia
, AIA Australia Mark Delaney
, ANZ Thomas Tam
, AustralianSuper Gerhard Hambusch
, CFA Institute
, CFA Society Melbourne
, CFA Society Perth
, Chartered Financial Analyst
, Franklin Templeton Investments Claire Mortoni
, Independent Director Maria Wilton
, Morningstar Australia Dean Spicer
, Paula Allen
, Savage Group Limited
, Social Ventures Australia Graeme Bibby
, UniSuper Management
, University Technology Sydney Catherine Savage
, UTS Business School